Local Planning Agency
This is a citizen advisory board whose members have the responsibility to propose and review changes to the Comprehensive Plan (Lee Plan) and to regulations that affect the use of land. The LPA makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners. The general responsibilities are:
- To prepare the Lee Plan and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners concerning adoption.
- To conduct a public hearing prior to the recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners for the adoption or amendment of the Lee Plan or any element of the plan.
- To monitor and oversee the effectiveness and status of the Lee Plan and make recommendations for amendments to the Lee Plan that may be required from time to time.
- To evaluate and appraise the Lee Plan and prepare reports as required by Chapter 163.3191, Florida Statutes.
- To review land development regulations, codes and amendments and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners as to the consistency of the proposal to the adopted plan.
Meetings are normally held on the 4th Monday of each month in the Board of County Commissioner's Chambers. For additional information, please call (239) 533-8585.
If you would like to view minutes, agendas or other documents from previous committee meetings (currently available from January 2010 to current), please click here.
DCD Public Hearing & Committee Meeting Agendas
AVAILABLE through our online calendar