Main Content

Special Event Permitting

Public Resources issues three different Special Permits. To find which one(s) you need, ask yourself:

1.    WHERE is the event being held?
If the event is within unincorporated Lee County (not private property) or in a County park or facility, then a "County Property Permit" is required.

2.    Is it on private property?
No permit is required unless there will be more than 1,000 people in a daily attendance.

3.    Will there be 1,000 or more persons attending per day?
Regardless of location, if there will be 1,000 or more people in attendance per day, a "Special Event Permit" is required.

4.    Is alcohol being sold/consumed?
If alcohol is being sold or consumed on County property, an "Alcohol Permit" is required. (Only nonprofit organizations can sell alcohol on County property). There is no fee for the County to process the alcohol permit application. However, the actual alcohol permit is issued by the State of Florida (Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco), which does require a $25.00 processing fee.

The answer to each question above will determine which permit is required based on the event. In some cases, none will be required, just one or possibly all three.

County Fees: There is a $75 application fee that must be submitted with the completed special event application.  
Application Deadline: "Special Events Permits"  require at least 21 days notice prior to the event.

-- Special Events Permit Applications --

County Property Permit Application
Special Event Permit Application
Alcohol Permit Application

NOTE: Any event involving fireworks, tents or any temporary structure requires a temporary permit from Development Services in the Community Development Department.

Please complete the appropriate application(s).

(239) 485-2149

Mail or Hand Deliver:
Public Resources
2115 Second Street
Fort Myers, FL 33901

If you have any questions please contact
Public Resources at (239) 533-2737.


View the list of recently approved special events.